What's new

What to do with my 125 gallons tank

memphis

Administrator
Supporter
Contributor
Early Adopter
So I have a 125 gallon tank that is sitting around collecting dust.....

I am trying to figure out the best use case for the tank. I don't feel comfortable filling the tank all the way up as there is a tiny tiny chip in the corner, half way up.

I do have lighting for saltwater aquariums and a ton of filtration stuff for the tank.

But......
I have been thinking between frogs, turtle, or vampire crabs.

I would love to hear input from other people if they have any suggestions.

I can post a picture of the tank if needed, but it is is sitting pretty high up, so I worry it might be a bit hard to clean without getting high above it

I know it is tiny and would normally not be a concern for me. But we live in an apartment. So we can't risk 125 gallons of water dumping out. We would be screwed. So I think filling it a quarter or half isn't a big worry for us.

PXL_20230122_014350148.MP.jpg

that picture isnt the best at showing it. There is a pic I have somewhere where it looks like there is a micro crack running out of it.... let me see if I can find it

I'll have to see if I can get one. It's super tiny. I would use the tank if we still had our house. But I think the landlords here would lose their shit if we had 125 gallons of water dump on the floor. Even though it doesn't say anything in the lease about it, I bet it would get us evicted pretty fast

I'll have to see if I can get one. It's super tiny. I would use the tank if we still had our house. But I think the landlords here would lose their shit if we had 125 gallons of water dump on the floor. Even though it doesn't say anything in the lease about it, I bet it would get us evicted pretty fast
Yeah I vaguely remember seeing the crack but it's been a long time. From the pictures you sent, its more probable of having the house fall over than the tank breaking 😅. Can always test it outside just to see if it works too. I get not wanting to chance it though. Always water test your tanks!

Yeah I vaguely remember seeing the crack but it's been a long time. From the pictures you sent, its more probable of having the house fall over than the tank breaking 😅. Can always test it outside just to see if it works too. I get not wanting to chance it though. Always water test your tanks!
agreed, I could do a water test, but I think maybe doing a terrarium build or something might be a fun way to use the tank. Just playing with ideas as it is just sitting there.

I wish we still had our house because we had sooooooo much room to get into this hobby. like it would have been crazy

Back