What's new

3 Red Tail Catfish In a 10 Gallon Tank

aics

Okay, so to start off I don't own this fish, my friend does. She has 3 in a 10 gallon tank and I'm extremely worried about them. For all 3 shes gonna need an entire pond and her Catfish are gonna probably pass away if she doesn't buy a bigger one. I told her to give them to another shop or owner so they don't get neglected and she said that she will upgrade the size. I know for a fact she has no idea what she's doing with her fish. Please help.

It can definitely be difficult to push someone in the right direction if they don’t want to or don’t understand what they’re doing after they’ve already made the decision. The best thing you can do is urge them to do their research and try your best to explain to them what these animals actually are and how quickly they get LARGE. Show them pictures, send them care guides, things like that. If they aren’t able to meet the minimum requirements of these animals continue urging them to hand them over to a rescue or someone who has the necessary experience and equipment to handle them. Best of luck! Keep us updated.

I would definitely check out local facebook groups in your area to see if anyone would be willing to take them in.

If they’re a good friend, just tell them how it is. She’ll kill the fish in no time if it stays how it is. Keep in mind though that this is not worth ruining a friendship haha so be wary of that.

Back