What's new

babies?? seriously??

Aurora IceLeaf

Early Adopter
so i got guppies yesterday.

i guess one of them was pregnant and ate all the other babies, but i found a baby guppie this morning. I have a five gallon i got for my bday, but i gotta cycle it. I don't really know if i wanna breed the guppies rn so what should i do? (i do wanna keep this lil guy tho, his name is fred)

i have a 1 gallon that i can set up and put an airstone in immediately, should i do that temporarily?

i couldn't find any other babies

IMG_20240616_134631266_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240616_134611018.jpg

You will need to confirm with John because I am not sure fully on what I'm about to say.

But I would take water from your current tank and some small plants or decorations or media you have to help get the small tank get the beneficial bacteria

Then I would do daily water changes.

I'm not sure if that will be good enough to keep Fred alive though. You will def need to consult with John or Leonidas to make sure though

You will need to confirm with John because I am not sure fully on what I'm about to say.

But I would take water from your current tank and some small plants or decorations or media you have to help get the small tank get the beneficial bacteria

Then I would do daily water changes.

I'm not sure if that will be good enough to keep Fred alive though. You will def need to consult with John or Leonidas to make sure though
currently cycling another tank to put them in until their big enough to go back w the parents

so i got guppies yesterday.

i guess one of them was pregnant and ate all the other babies, but i found a baby guppie this morning. I have a five gallon i got for my bday, but i gotta cycle it. I don't really know if i wanna breed the guppies rn so what should i do? (i do wanna keep this lil guy tho, his name is fred)

i have a 1 gallon that i can set up and put an airstone in immediately, should i do that temporarily?

i couldn't find any other babies

View attachment 217

View attachment 218

Honestly you won’t have to breed, use the baby gups as a natural food source in the tank. The circle of life. 😭

Back