What's new

Cleaner Shrimp With Valentini Puffer?

RickyBobby

Early Adopter
I was wondering if it’s possible to keep cleaner shrimp and Valentini puffers together? I know puffers primarily feed on invertebrates but I already have a cleaner shrimp and I don’t want him to get eaten. Has anyone ever tried it and been successful?

It can be done, but it requires caution.

Valentini puffers do primarily feed on invertebrates but if you keep them well fed they are less likely to make an attempt on your shrimp. This isn’t always the case, though. Sometimes they will go for it anyway. It’s a guessing game for sure.

I’ve kept Valentinis with my cleaner shrimp before without issues but it can very easily go both ways. You just can’t know for certain until you introduce them.

Best of luck!

It can be done, but it requires caution.

Valentini puffers do primarily feed on invertebrates but if you keep them well fed they are less likely to make an attempt on your shrimp. This isn’t always the case, though. Sometimes they will go for it anyway. It’s a guessing game for sure.

I’ve kept Valentinis with my cleaner shrimp before without issues but it can very easily go both ways. You just can’t know for certain until you introduce them.

Best of luck!
Thanks. I’ll give it a try and see how it goes.

Back